1. Take a moment and share some of your beliefs about the Holy Spirit. Don't be afraid to share at least a few ideas about the Holy Spirit, even if you don’t consider yourself a theologian.
2. Being as open and vulnerable as possible, do you think your beliefs are shaped more by the Scriptures or by what you’ve come to experience through your everyday Christian life? What makes you say that?
3. Read at least a couple of the passages listed below out loud in your group. If you disregarded your own experiences and just read these passages, what would you expect to observe as the Holy Spirit entered a person’s life?
1 Corinthians 2:12-13
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
2 Corinthians 3:17-18
1 John 4:13
4. For so many people in the church today, everyday life does not match these biblical descriptions that we just read from the Bible. Why do you think that is?
5. Spend some time praying together asking that God, through His Holy Spirit, will give you the humility to be open to what He wants to teach you - even if it means you’ve spent years overlooking the obvious. Then ask the Holy Spirit to begin using these truths to change the way you live.